We offer township tours (on request) in Khayelitsha. Khayelitsha has been recognised as one of the biggest townships in South Africa after Soweto, the biggest township.
The word Khayelitsha in Xhosa means a 'new home'.It became a new home for inhabitants that came from other black townships of Cape Town.
Visitors can experience the rich history and culture of this beautiful and vibrant township. Our package includes site visits to many interesting places, including:
- Look out hill (referred to as the Table Mountain of Khayelitsha).
- Tour to a local Tshisa Nyama (Braai Place).
- Arts and Craft – bead works, paintings by the local community.
- Local Restaurants that serves African Cuisine.
- Live performances by the local Marimba Band.
- Buyel’embo Cultural Village.
* Contact us for more info on our township tour package.